View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
fearlessjoe
EcoModding Lurker

as for Hypermiling, you lot probably know more then me

but..... i have spent over a decade working in the film industry.... my advise on that is.....

write a script and stick to it.... dont improvise, and dont pretend to improvise... watch topgear for examples of people pretending there improvising, there actually good at it.... and its still crap

dont exaggerate... a one sided video.... be it a fanboy review of something..... or an instructional with unrealistic goals...... is bullcrap...... be honest

theres a fine line between being not overly techy and dumbing stuff down... and people can tell...... its hard to pull off.... but ...well try lol

if you have multiple gopros you can film from several angles and cut between them... it will add production value, a vid that doesn't cut around often is boring

lastly.... the vid needs to be an appropriate length.... if you make a min vid noone will think it will hold anything useful beyond narcissism regardless of how good it is...

equally.... if its 20 mins long.... noone will watch it.... id say make it like 5 mins long

and expect to spend 5 times as much time writing it .... then again editing it, then you do actually filming it
The Following User Says Thank You to fearlessjoe For This Useful Post:
ThermionicScott (01-18-2017)