View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 02:26 AM   #42 (permalink)
meelis11
EcoModding Apprentice

Green frog - '97 Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDI 81kW
Diesel
90 day: 43.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
I do not currently use GIT, so there is no available repo. I post the latest version here on Ecomodder, and keep all of the previous versions on my network storage, and (for November 2016 and later) in a Gmail draft email as attachments. I've got versions dating from 2013 July 06.
How do you make versions - is it just file copy with date in filename or smth?
That way you have some kind of history, but it is not version history - you cannot see DIFFs, and and comment you can add when committing changes to GIT or SVN. You could push all your versions to repo (copypaste file over, vommit, copypaste nd commit ...) just commit dates are all in same date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago;
I work on this code from several different locations. One of them does not allow access to GitHub.
Then maybe try bitbucket? If you work with laptop, you can actually commit changes to GIT even when offline! (git push uploads them to online repo).
Or you can edit your code in memory stick and local repo is there too - so you can work anywhere, but push commits to online repo when you have online access.
Really...try it, it is worth it to have version history with differences line-by line what you changed when making every new feature (when something breaks you can track it down when and what caused new bug)