View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,553 Posts
If you could collect cars, what would be in your garage?

If you had the means, time, and space to store, what vehicles would be in your garage?

My dream cars have almost never been exotics. For a daily driver, I've always wanted a 1st gen Honda Insight. About 6 months ago that dream finally came true and its now what I daily drive.

The next car that I really enjoy is also a little econobox. Its actually my first car, a 1993 Toyota Tercel. I still own it, but its not currently running. It needs a bunch of work and it has a ton of miles at 217k. I'd love the chance to rebuild the oil burning engine, reupholster the interior and get rid of the rust on it. Who else can say they still have their first car?

The next vehicle on the list I also currently own! I know, lucky me. Its my second classic that I've ever owned (first was a 1973 Jaguar XJ12 that I let sit too long... RIP beautiful V12 engine). This is a 1951 Ford F1 pickup, and it is sitting tucked away in my garage. I love the body lines on the old pickups. There is nothing like it these days. I picked mine up a couple years ago for a great price. Of course it needs a ton of work and isn't running. Trying to get rid of other projects so I can find time for it. Here are some pics from the day I went to look at it at my buddie's house.

The last one that I'd really like to own is one I've kept an eye out for for a long time, but simply don't have the time or garage space for quite yet. Its a summer/fun car that I'd never take out in the salty roads here in Wisconsin (not that I would with the truck). I love the styling on the Nissan 240Z or 280Z. The long front hood with the fast back... beautiful car. Not too pricey either really. Here is a beautiful picture example of a 240Z that one of our users here posted about. He swapped in a 1JZ-GTE Toyota engine, and re-tuned it to run a bit lean for 33.5 mpg and 300hp. I'd absolutely love to go EV with one of these. Super impractical in Wisconsin though with salty roads...

So, post up what you'd like to have in the stable! Make sure to include pictures.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	insight.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	21237