Thread: Hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
torinodan
EcoModding Lurker

Hi everyone

Hi, been looking around for ideas for a new project I have recently acquired. Live in GA and do a lot of driving.... about 128 miles a day for work. This is putting way too many miles on my truck (4X4 F150). I love my job and yes I'm considering moving further south.

The car I plan on making better on gas is a 1984 Corvette I was given. Never say no to a free car (esp a free Corvette) right? It's a slow process of driving it as much and seeing what part is going to need replacing next.
It has the L83 350 Cross-fire fuel injection (twin TBIs) 205-hp V-8 9.0:1 compression ratio, P225/50R-16 tires, and as far as I know it has 3.07:1 gears>>>auto transmission.

Having a background being a mechanic so far I have just under $600 in repairs and parts so I don't think I'm doing bad. Worst part was the car was left in a hanger for 6 years with the windows down and cats living in it. Other than that no problem other than things that just sat up or dry rotted.

Some of you long time experts feel free to shoot me some obvious ideas that I might miss. Thanks all

Last edited by torinodan; 01-29-2017 at 11:17 AM..