View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 12:09 PM   #74 (permalink)
skybolt
deviant

s2k - '02 Honda s2000
Quote:
Maybe we can get MPGuino to take input from a smartphone, too (via the pi)?
Right now I'm working on how to deploy a sketch to the arduino from the pi -- FTDI is out (an extra board is undesirable, also don't want to collide with tx out); ICSP is out (don't want to have to add a capacitor and extra crystal), I think I can do it if I send a 0 (or low) to the rst pin. This would be first level of control from the pi/phone.

Should be easy to have the pi send signals to the arduino (such as A3, 4, 5 to ground). Long term (i.e. future plan with no idea of work involved) would be to scoop serial rx pin for string commands from pi.

Quote:
Basically, the idea is to have any button press that actually resets a trip or writes a value to EEPROM, be a long button press.
Good plan, I'm sure you've had a number of accidental resets before putting long-press into place.

Code:
"subtitle":"drag stats: 0-30 MPH in 0.000 sec, 0-60 MPH in 0.000 sec, 0.000 sec to 0.000 mi @ 0.000 MPH, engine output 0.000 HP @ 0.000 MPH",
"
As you know this is scrolling off the screen to the right. I've given up trying to insert a BR or CRLF into the display text; I will toy around with moving some drag stats to the middle graph, leaving some at the bottom. Probably distance stats in the middle/mileage section, fuel usage drag stats in the 3rd section.

Code:
const unsigned int pAddressInjectorCount = pAddressRefFuelPressure + byteSize(pSizeRefFuelPressure);
const unsigned int pAddressInjectorSize = pAddressInjectorCount + byteSize(pSizeInjectorCount);
As near as I can tell, mS/Gallon is calculated/modified by numberOfInjectors. Why is this there? Is this for Chrysler compatibility? I've been going back to the old method of 1 injector and my old mS/Gallon. Fuel pressure and injector size appear to have no effect on my setup, is this for future hyper-precise calculations? Can I ignore this for now? If not, I have 650cc injectors, is the size (246cc default) the maximum or a different flow value?

Code:
scratchpad
BGLower
BGDSize
FE Filter
FE Time Period
What's the significance of these parameters?