View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 03:14 PM   #61 (permalink)
josemapiro
EcoModding Apprentice

Hi t vago
Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
I'll add it in, but it won't be a priority.
It's just a suggestion, I'm not in need of this, so is resets that are not practical either, perhaps when the menu is implemented, you can create a sub-menu for resets only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
However, I do have some good news - My code now is able to use the TWI as an output interface. I have it using a SainSmart 2x16 LCD module for now for testing, but I hope to have that Adafruit RGB LCD shield fully functioning by the time the week is out. After that... a TFT interface? Why not?
I lifted the TWI code from the twi.c code that was part of the Arduino Wire library, and have cleaned up extensively and modified for use with the code. I hope to have it be able to support buffered output very soon. Yes, TWI is itself buffered, but it acts in practice as an extra digital input/output port, with all of the timing constraints and pin manipulation requirements, so I still have to do all of the port manipulations that I did with the original legacy 16x2 LCD module.
I also plan to try to implement LCD brightness over TWI that isn't either off or eyeball-scorching on.
This is not good news, it is excellent news.

Thanks
José Rodrigues

The Following User Says Thank You to josemapiro For This Useful Post:
t vago (01-31-2017)