View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Markmysite
EcoModding Lurker

EcoVibe - '07 Pontiac Vibe base
90 day: 38.14 mpg (US)
Secrets to Better Gas Mileage Program ... please help raise ECO awareness!!!!

When I was shopping for a more fuel efficient car, I made an Excel program to factor in all the costs, do MPG comparisons, decide whether a new hybrid made sense for me, etc. I figured this would be helpful to others to use as well. You can figure out whether or not spending money on a modification is worth the investment, see what kind of money you could save if you got a certain MPG, and whether or not buying that new more fuel efficient car makes sense financially.

Below is an example of what it looks like and a link that goes to an active spreadsheet program. You can make changes to it to for your needs. It's very easy to use, just follow the 4 steps and it will do all the math for you. You can also save it to your own computer by clicking the "export" button at the top right area.

Click here to view the program "Secrets to Better Gas Mileage"

I'm also going to put this on Digg.com to get more awareness out there. Please make sure to digg it here: CLICK HERE TO DIGG THIS ARTICLE AND RAISE AWARENESS Then click the DIGG icon at the top left (make an account real quick, only takes a minute).

Last edited by Markmysite; 08-14-2008 at 06:07 PM..