Thread: Honda Green Oil
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 11:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
ThermionicScott
ScanGauge <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Cool, but very odd with the engine temps.

I really have to change my oil. I haven't since I got the car and I know it is overfilled. The dipstick is over the full mark. I also have no idea what oil is actually in it.
If it's any more than slightly over the Full mark, I'd go ahead and let a little out as soon as you can. I did that recently to get my car down to the mid-way point advocated by Wayne and a few folks here. I'd always been the type to top everything off, before. Probably really easy for the folks with Fumomo valves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky
I already have something like a 90% grille block, just need to adjust it to 95%.
Now that I have instrumentation, it's amazing how much my instantaneous MPG is improved toward the end of a batch of errands as compared to the beginning. We talk about avoiding coolant temps high enough to trigger the power-sucking radiator fans, but I sometimes wonder if it would be worth it to risk more occasional fan cycles if it meant the oil reached operating temp faster, especially in winter. I need to do some more reading on that...

Best tank (so far): 32 MPG