Thread: The better car?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
willie@eco
EcoModding Lurker

Blue Berry - '90 Geo Metro XFi
Turtle The better car?

Hi guys, long time lurker/partial ecomodder. I currently drive a 92 Ford Festiva GL Sport, 5 speed, air con, no power steering ect. Now I drive 98% city and that 2% HWY. That 2% HWY is usually to the Walmart run because I cant stand the local Walmart. Ive noticed that hypermiling this little car i got the very best of 39.5 mpg. But driving around town and driving normal (not flooring it or anything) I'm getting a consistent 28 mpg. My question is, I've been considering a Civic VX or a Civic HX. I see all the time people say, 40 mpg normal city driving all the time. Is this really true? I know my Festiva weighs 1700 lbs but I also know about the vtec-e engines which improve economy. Should i look at selling my Festiva to buy a VX or HX? If so which of the 2 is better? I like the practicality of hatchbacks which is why I own a Festiva so not really into the coupe HX but if the real world mpg is that much better I would do it. Also, why is it that in normal driving I cant crack 30 mpg? Car has 72k original miles, new plugs, stock 12 inch alloys with 45psi inflated tires, top and bottom grill blocks, and i hardly ever pass 2,500 rpm.... You guys are the experts so I want to hear what you guys say. Thanks in advanced and hope to hear from ya soon!