Thread: The better car?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
willie@eco
EcoModding Lurker

Blue Berry - '90 Geo Metro XFi
Ah, I see. My thing is, i hardly ever do HWY driving. Once a month maybe. Whats silly is, on the festiva forums guys are saying they get 30 mpg in their 1.8 dohc swap and im running a measly 1.3 with relatively low miles and cant crack 30 mpg. Car runs great, tight as a drum, like a top, and still even with easy driving 28 mpg is all i get. With engine off coasting and such and I can get passed the 30 mpg but why is it that others dont have to go to that extent and still get better mpg than me? I owened a 92 civic LX that was stock but had an HX trans and i think it was horrible. I did all city driving with it and could only manage 18 mpg with it. Tune up was fresh, o2 sensors ect. I think its the fact that my drive to work is 10 mins and back. So the car doesnt warm up enough and still runs in closed loop. Now I have also considered the fact that maybe vtec-e wont help me either because vtec-e engines need to warm up before running into lean mode from what i remember. Im in a bit of a pickle here...