View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 07:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Sparkeysmall
EcoModding Lurker

The pig - '99 Dodge Ram 3500 Slt
90 day: 11.99 mpg (US)

The ST - '93 Honda ST1100
90 day: 38.68 mpg (US)
YAY!!! Some replies!

anyway...

i have already blocked the grille. still have yet to take a picture of it, and have yet to go through a tank to see what its done. so far however this tank I've been mostly city driving so thats not helping. I'm allready a gauge watcher and so far my coolant temp (on the dash) hasn't gone up. i do use dash command and a wifi obd2 adapter to see what the computer sees. and its reading only a few degrees higher than usual. also watching the ambient temp on the overhead it says a few over what it actually is outside when cruising, and picks up on acceleration. so I'm not too worried. there is still plenty of airflow to the radiator for normal driving. the bumper has a few slots as well as a half inch gap from the grill to bumper.

I'm thinking that alone isn't worth too much considering its a one ton 4x4 pickup. however, i do feel as if adding the block does add a high pressure area just in front of the truck to help push the lower pressure air around. if that makes any sense. I'm no aerodynamic wizard but like i said, I've been doing as much research as i can. I'm sure ill have a few questions to bounce around the users around here.

and i work night shift so ill get some pictures up of the block when i get up...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 6.16.48 AM.jpg
Views:	1481
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	21277