View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 12:16 PM   #314 (permalink)
racprops
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by teoman View Post
Will your super heated gasoline vapor ignite the moment it sees oxygen?

YES that is why I call for a AIR TIGHT vapor chamber, and why I plan on a cooling chamber next with a water jacket and to add a small amount of water directly into the hot vapor as it enters or exits the cooling chamber as the first part of cooling MIGHT be too hot for a water injector.

It will take a lot of heat to convert ALL of the stuff in the gasoline, but then once in vapor form, it takes a lot of cooling to condense it back into liquid. I plan on lowering its temp to below the flash point

If you have a gasoline engine that has injectors maybe you can build some kind of heated barrel with a checkvalve in front of it that goes in between the injector and block.

This way it will be full of vapor all the time and it will inject its contents once the injector fires a new pulse of fuel which immediately vaporizes pushing available vapor out.
Your last suggestion is a good one thanks.

One thing said about a full vapor engine is that it runs so cold there will be no heat for a heater/defroster, I am thinking my heat exchanger might solve that problem but running the hot water from cooling the vapor though the cars heater.

Thus killing two birds with one stone.

Rich