View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 08:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
Sparkeysmall
EcoModding Lurker

The pig - '99 Dodge Ram 3500 Slt
90 day: 11.99 mpg (US)

The ST - '93 Honda ST1100
90 day: 38.68 mpg (US)
I thought about taking off the inner duals. If i removed the outer i would have a massive gap between the body and tire. Alot of dead air space. Only problem i can see with leaving the outer dual is load on the bearings. Its a beefy axle, but still not a straight load on the axle.

I am going to build rear skirts and cover the wheels. Im thinking about using lexan/plexiglass. So it doesnt look like an old buick goin by.

-

My thoughts for gull wing where to have it open at each side. Perhaps split down the middle or each third. Also having the ability to open like gumby79's would be good for loading/unloading.

I had the idea of also making it able to tilt up to divert the wind hitting the camper. And fold down sides to make it into a full camper shell when needed.

-

Its just sparkeysmall. Some name ive gone by since halo 1 came out.
Edit: after rereading the question its sparkey-small.

-

I picked up some of the synthetic oil today. I cleaned em out of 75w90. Got engine oil And was too tired to look for tranmsission and t-case oil. So far its been a $216 hit.

Will change asap.

Also i have the oil heaters on the way. Should be here in a few days.

-Every other forum i tried to state my intents...

Total spent on mods. :$440($200 was oil. So take it or leave it)
Total returned from 10mpg baseline :$167
miles since i started ecomodding :3315 miles

Last edited by Sparkeysmall; 02-10-2017 at 12:16 AM.. Reason: Re reading previous post.