View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 10:59 AM   #362 (permalink)
Isaac Zackary
Full sized hybrid.

Suzy - '13 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE
90 day: 37.18 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasmo View Post
By the way, how is are the efficiency mods going?
So far done:
  • Tire chains: Have increased range from 0ft to dozens of miles on several occasions. Although I still got stuck in a snow drift once in an unplowed parking lot even with the tire chains on.

So far in the works:
  • Sun shade: I already have a sun shade. But I ordered one that installs on the windshield itself and accordions to neatly fold up on the sides. I'm doing this to get ready for summer.

To do hopefully soon:
  • EVSE upgrade to 240V.
  • I'd like to get under the Leaf and figure out a way to insulate the battery during the winter months. The temp indicator never got up above the blue zone all January.
  • I would like to get the Leaf to a dealer and have the TCU upgraded to 3g (since AT&T dropped their 2g network) so that I can turn on preheat with it plugged in without messing so much with the climate control timer.

When the weather gets better I'll start looking into boat tailing the thing. I was also thinking of putting a tow hitch on the rear with a basket (maybe hidden inside a removable boat tail) with an emergency 240V generator. I've been looking for a used Yamaha EF6300isde or a used Honda EU7000is.

Last edited by Isaac Zackary; 02-10-2017 at 12:29 PM..