View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 03:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

As fun as it is to fool with mileage mods, this is your work truck and I agree with slowmover on this one. You build your work truck for very different reasons you build a commuter. Reliability is coupled with usability as your main performance objectives as that makes you money. Your truck should pay for itself.

Oil_Pan4's thread on trailer use is also a goldmine of having the best of both worlds.

I have the luxury of having 3 Cummins powered trucks to haul my equipment trailers and deliver machinery. But, I also have a 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T with the factory tow option and a hidden bumper hitch. I often do field repairs and I'll hook up the box trailer to the Magnum to carry the generator and the Esab welder. After performing the work, I'll drop the trailer and cruise around seeing the sights with the little wife comfy in her heated leather seat listening to ABBA on the Bose sound system while The Magnum pulls down 26 mpg at 62 mph.

If you want a Honda Civic to play with my neighbor is selling his for less than a grand. California rust free too.