View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
Sparkeysmall
EcoModding Lurker

The pig - '99 Dodge Ram 3500 Slt
90 day: 11.99 mpg (US)

The ST - '93 Honda ST1100
90 day: 38.68 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby79 View Post
A lot of people are suggesting to use an ecobox/trailer combination, not realizing that they are suggesting to tow triples..... yes a Leaf can tow 1ton of hay,however, it is rated at 0lbs towing. This means you drove it and excepted all liability for any incident including non-fault for using the tool in an unsafe manner.
Sparkeysmall must move with the flow of work hear today there tomorrow. This means no spending a day going home to get the right tool for the job,a truck. Adding a car trailer and a welder trailer to the back of the 30' TT and truck + insurance on the traveling circus Caravan ,I assume permit load (over length),. Any fule savings will be consumed by the higher operating cost.
---

Payload2,320 tare weight 6,568 tow rating 9,300
2001 RAM Pickup Payload and Towing Charts

They left out , tongue weight counts tords the payload. Assumeing a standard tongue weight of 10% ~ 8000 =800 +1500 (welder) =~2300lbs leaving ~20lbs for tools and other gear on the truck. This is a commercial operation, willingly exceeding the posted weight limits is opening the doorf or major law suit.
"Give me absolute safty or give me death", Redpoint5
---
Add advertising graphics to your modds and now the ROI is tax time /0miles
--
Have you geven any thoughts to airdams and side skirts?

"Here today, gone tomorrow" very correct. My home is a trailer. I move where the work is. I know im not going to be at this job for ever. Its how the life i chose works. And i would mich rather tow my home to the next job than to stay in a hotel and drive upteen thousand miles back to "home", then another upteen thousand miles to the next job. If you want to think about it. This uses less fuel in the long run.

-

The payload for this truck that i can find is around 4,900lbs. Towing capacity 11,000 lbs. so stop getting a fit over weight ratings and safety.

-

And yes. I cannot tow a welder and camper with a geo metro. Yes i wouldnt mind a charger... Not at all. But i cant move everything at a moments notice with a car/trailer setup.

-

And i measured the welder yesterday. It may fit sideways. I would have to cut a hole in the bed liner to make room for the brushes that stick out the front.

-Every other forum i tried to state my intents...

Total spent on mods. :$440($200 was oil. So take it or leave it)
Total returned from 10mpg baseline :$167
miles since i started ecomodding :3315 miles