View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #45 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Cripple Rooster,
I had never really seen variable ratio superchargers before, just looked them up. Neat concept, I will keep it in mind.

Deejaa,
Sorry to hear you have to tear into yours, I would love to get a 92-93 CC SRW 6.5L one day as a tow vehicle. Just got to finish the Suburban first.

For those wondering, the prior Saturday (3rd) I did tear into the Suburban, and despite a few hiccups managed to pull the old engine, transmission, and transfer case. Sorry I once again forgot to load my pictures. I have been cleaning and degreasing the parts and pieces I will be reusing, as the old motor had some oil leakage that gave everything in the engine bay a nice coating.

Had some family stuff come up, basically consumed most all my time since, I am sure everyone can relate. When I do get a few minutes I have been weighing all the parts and pieces I have taken off, I want to get a good baseline for where the weight is on these GMT-400 vehicles. I have plenty of little projects do to get this thing ready for the next campaign of installing the new powertrain.
The Following User Says Thank You to aardvarcus For This Useful Post:
deejaaa (02-13-2017)