View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 05:05 PM   #101 (permalink)
ctmaybury@yahoo.com
EcoModding Apprentice

Would rear wiew cameras instead of mirrors improve your aerodynamics? Interested in your engine mods. Most of the year, my trucks (dodge 2500 isb Cummins) are at 45 mph on dirt roads in the mountains, so I'm focusing on volumetric efficiency and thermal efficiency mostly. Aero mods clearly your best bang for the buck. I wanted to pick your brain about lpg fumigation. You discounted it on the first post claiming engine damage from too much hp. Did you try multi stage injection? Did you limit the lpg to less than 25% of the diesel? If you run in the 10% range, there's very little rick to the motor. My homebuilt system is still in the design phase, but used it for a 4k mile trip with an 8k lbs travel trailer with good results. At the time it was 2 stage injection. Next gen will have 5 stages that key on boost pressure.

Total pre turbo exhaust header is in the works now (bundle of snakes equal length tubes). Combined with port matching and polishing should yield some ve gains. The lpg fumigation should yield thermal efficiency by adding additional cooling to the charge air (probably very helpful with your climate down under).

What about some of the other benefits of lpg fumigation? Longer interval between oil changes, quieter motor, less smoke, less objectionable smell to the exhaust. Some of those are very subtle but noticeable. Did you notice any of those? Lpg is cheap and convenient for me and the motor seems to like it with the right tune (injection timing lpg seems to have an advancing effect).

The Following User Says Thank You to ctmaybury@yahoo.com For This Useful Post:
craysus (02-18-2017)