View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #65 (permalink)
Erasmo
Two weels Zero sparkplugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsfc View Post
Reading the article that Sendler refers to makes me hesitant to try any front-end body work myself for fear of unintentionally adding front wheel lift and/or instability through curves and/or cross wind instability. Of course the ability to do some trial and error would make me more bold where the front is concerned, but tail work seems pretty straight forward and a more sure bet for improvement w/o sacrificing safety.

Personally, if I ever get a chance to aero mod, I'll start with a tail, then final drive, then windshield, and then make minor adjustments to the front, e.g. mirrors, grips, foot pegs, so as not to have so many parts sticking out away from the body as my stock bike.
The front end should be ok with this mod, when you're dustbinning or vettering you should pay more attention to that but if you don't go to near the front wheel the lift shouldn't be that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Really makes you wonder why Zero can't be bothered to make a version with a fairing.
Piecing together a homebrew from sourced parts is a totally different thing than making a OEM fairing. For that you need to do a lot of extra designing and injection moulds of that size are really expensive.

I can understand why they choose to focus on improving the drivetrain and batteries, apart from Energica they make the best electric motorcycles at the moment and they're selling good, there is still plenty of stretch in the naked market.