View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Erasmo
Two weels Zero sparkplugs

I'm not sure how the regulation is state-side but in the EU inverters also have to cut out when the grid goes down. Seems a sensible regulation to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
I looked into my electric cooperative's solar farm photovoltaic power option.It would have raised my monthly bill from sometimes less than $20,to a minimum $55,requiring a special meter.
Over the phone they mentioned a wind energy option (which they don't advertise) that would allow me to keep my $10/month meter,then pay an additional penny per kW-hr.Raising my monthly bill by $1.1/month,most months.
The person who handles the enrollment leaves early on Fridays,so I missed her,but left a voicemail that I did want to enroll.
Monday we should be able to do it over the phone.And the house electricity will essentially be carbon-free,moving off of natural gas-based electricity.
Down the road,with an EV,I can get my local commuting off of fossil-fuels as well.
If you're not able to put PV on your roof because you live in a flat or something, why not switch suppliers and go to a green competitor?
The Following User Says Thank You to Erasmo For This Useful Post:
aerohead (02-24-2017)