View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 07:59 PM   #85 (permalink)
Shepherd777
Grand Imperial Poobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby79 View Post
What battery configuration are you running ?1,2,3,battery+1, 2 maxwells? Or just the maxwell?

At 21lbs for the ESM ULTRA 31/1800cca
Maxwell is a partner/sponsor of my company and our current project. We have the new Maxwell ESM Ultra at only 19 lbs. We use it only for starting the Cummins diesel. It is on an isolated circuit.

Odyssey Battery is also a partner/sponsor on the current project and the previous project. We have four 12 volt 200 amp hour Odyssey AGM batteries wired in series for a 48 volt battery bank.

Delco Remy is also a partner of the current project and the previous project. We charge the Odyssey's from the world's first 48 volt Delco Remy alternator and our 5000 watt solar farm on the roof of the 53' trailer. There is a second electrical umbilical from the trailer to the tractor so the solar farm can charge the Odyssey tractor-mounted batteries.

The 48 volt battery bank powers the dual 48 volt A/C compressors with their native voltage. We have two separate and independent all-electric A/C systems. It also powers our 48 volt to 120 volt 6000 watt inverter for hotel loads and appliances inside of the cab. And finally, we have a very high quality 250 amp, 48 volt to 12 volt DC to DC converter for all 12 volt truck loads.

I had initially bought four very expensive ($8000) 24 volt Li-Ion batteries, but charging them from our sources proved to be an overwhelming challenge. So they are being returned this week.

http://www.airflowtruck.com

Last edited by Shepherd777; 02-19-2017 at 08:17 PM..