View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
v-raze
EcoModding Lurker

Not your average high schooler!

Hello everyone!

I've always been an environmentally minded guy, and I got my first car last spring. It's a beautiful Imperial Blue 2008 Chevy Cobalt sedan, and it's got 145,000+ miles on the clock. The car was purchased so I could commute to my full-time internship that summer in fuel systems at Ford Motor Company. After a while, I started logging mileage and hypermiling, and I was eventually able to get my 48.6 mile round-trip commute to more than 40mpg average each day.

Now that school's been going a while, I've had a bit more time to work on my car and dream up all sorts of modifications to do as I have the money for them, and I figured I should probably interact with others who share my enthusiasm. I'm really excited to be getting more involved in the ecomodding community and learning from the best around.

So far I've done a few mods to the 'balt itself, the most notable being an aftermarket intake that serves the dual purpose of drawing warmer air from higher up and vastly improving the sound and appearance of my engine. It also happens to be quite a bit lighter than the stock intake system, and cheaper to maintain, so I'm pretty happy with it.

I'd include some pictures but there's a five-post minimum restriction, so if you want to see them let me know and I'll put them in the thread later.