View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 12:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daschicken View Post
I had about 6 years of clutched motorcycle experience before trying to learn to drive stick. It didn't help me. Of course, my teacher (dad) also sucked at teaching...I tapped the gas and the rpms shot up to 3000, the clutch was like an on/off switch, and the car rolled back if I let off the brake. Of course, I know what to do now, but it didn't help me back then.
Unless it has the parking brake activated by a pedal, I actually feel more comfortable to drive a car with manual transmission than to ride a motorcycle. I'm not so good when it comes to do the punta-tacco, so I prefer to use the parking brake handle to avoid going backwards while starting uphill driving.

Quote:
Auto's are seen as a luxury feature here in merica', so EVERYONE HAS TO HAVE ONE! Even the el' cheapo cars are almost exclusively autos. Kind of strange, considering the auto adds at least $800 to the price...
Seems like it's deemed a comfort feature everywhere, but it's quite odd to see a vehicle fitted with an automatic transmission that doesn't have other features such as air conditioner (mostly adapted for disabled drivers, even though in some countries it's not so unusual to see paraplegics driving cars with manual transmission).