View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 01:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
MizuPsi
EcoModding Lurker

Jeep Grand Cherokee - '00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Talking Hello From Texas!

Excuse the exuberant title. Its 12:48am, and I'm sitting here typing away instead of sleeping. I've been lurking around the forums for a while now, and finally decided to join up. I've entered my vehicle into the Garage to the best of my knowledge, and am now only awaiting the eventual end to this tank of gas. Its taking forever. I'm at 325mi and have only used a little more than half a tank of gas. It amazes me the effect that EOC P&G will have to total fuel economy. My factory installed instrumentation is reading an average of 24.4mpg (unheard of!) when it is usually reading around 17 or 18. I usually only get around 270 miles a tank (I fill up around quarter mark), so I'm content for now, though I keep seeing it go up. Each tenth of a mpg is exciting for me. Just when I think it has stopped for good, a few more miles it will start moving up again.
Anyway, I'm hoping (soon) that I can rid myself of the troublesome jeep, which has a few problems with the tranny (that oddly enough have started to get much better now that I am EOCing) and the power steering pump. My mom is planing on selling hers and buying my Jeep, and I plan on getting either a Mitsubishi Lancer (not evo) or Mazda Protege. Whatever I get will be manual.

Well, sorry for the wall of text, and I hope to return to this forum.
Until Later, Drive