View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Other Andy
EcoModding Apprentice

To Be Determined (Too-be) - '15 Chevrolet Malibu LS Eco
90 day: 35.41 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight5 View Post
My only experience with a cobalt was when I rented one a few years ago. It was smaller than what I'm accustomed to, but driving from the Nashville area to Gatlinburg and back I have no complaints, and the mileage was good. I reset the trip / mpg on the way home, and when I turned it in, it was showing right at 37mpg. Even if that is optimistic by a few mpg - I still thought it was pretty good.
The mileage was pretty decent. I could usually pull 40-41 mpg out of it driving up north to visit my parents (freeway). It was also fairly quick.

That said, I found it to have a ton of road and wind noise on the freeway (I was ready to punch a kitten after enduring it all the way to South Dakota), and its driving manners at those speeds were probably best described as "squirrely."

If those had been my only complaints, I would have been much happier with it. My relationship with that car started out pretty bad, since it decided to pee transmission fluid all over the driveway shortly after I got it. A few months after the pan gasket and another gasket were replaced, it did it again.

There were a bunch of issues with that car. As I said, it had been an accident repair that I bought from a budget lot. They didn't fix it so much as pretty it up very cheaply. Among other things, it had a shake that nobody could figure out, the anti-theft system would run the battery dry if I locked the car with the remote (which I didn't learn until I replaced the dead remote the dealer gave me), and the clear coat on the bumpers decided to start peeling off in the car wash.

When I bought it, I was hoping to keep it for a while. Unfortunately, I was in a rush to replace my self-destructing Taurus and made a lousy decision. Good riddance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingster1989 View Post
Does your Versa have the cvt trans or is it automatic?

If cvt, put revs at 2000rpm and then stay under 50MPH, I had one as a rental and got 41.74 MPG for the 9 days I drove it!
I don't think the Note gets the 4-speed auto in any form, only the Versa sedan. Regardless, Nessie comes equipped with the magical CVT. Oddly, it has an overdrive lockout button on the shifter. I can't understand what on Earth that actually means with a CVT.

The mileage has been great so far.

On a somewhat related note, I just got back from spending five days in San Diego. I had a Nissan Rogue with a CVT as my rental car. Loved it, and managed 40.4mpg driving down I-8 to Glenview.