View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 10:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Other Andy
EcoModding Apprentice

To Be Determined (Too-be) - '15 Chevrolet Malibu LS Eco
90 day: 35.41 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Congrats on the new wheels Andy! I am surprised we don't see more Notes around here.
Thank you! The Versa sedan has been torn to shreds by the big auto rags, so I think many shoppers pass it by (unless they're shopping only on price). From what I gather (I've never driven the sedan), the Note is a nice improvement in NVH over the sedan, but comes with a higher price tag. I would guess that this puts it out of the range of the typical Versa shopper, but it goes overlooked by the comparison shoppers due to its association with the sedan.

Or not, who knows? As to Ecomodder, I think this crowd tends to either go Honda or Toyota when we're discussing newer cars. The Mirage is the exception to the rule, since it wears the mileage crown.

If anyone is curious, my 2nd and 3rd choices were probably the Kia Soul and Hyundai Accent. The Soul is a great car, but was more slightly more expensive and falls flat on fuel economy. The Accent has more pep (and the sedan is one of the most attractive small cars around), but has more wind noise. Both Koreans also have really vague steering, with absolutely no feel whatsoever.