View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 11:40 PM   #62 (permalink)
claytori
EcoModding Lurker

I just came across this thread, and the story in the original post is almost identical to an incident I experienced back in the late '80's. I was driving home after having dinner at my sister's apartment. The route took me onto an elevated freeway with a speed limit of 90kph (55mph). It was about 10:00 at night and there was very little traffic. Soon after I merged onto the road, a pair of headlights approached from behind at very high speed and ended up about 3' from my bumper. The lanes on either side were open for passing. The lights stayed at that distance for some time. I was driving at the speed limit, and began to slow down very slowly. I had no idea at that time whether the driver of the car was a cop or a drunk or a crazy person. Then I noticed a cast of red on my dash board, and realized that it was a cop and he had put on the roof lights. He was so close that I could not see the actual lights in my rear view mirror because they were cut off by the roof. I stopped and the cop came and spoke with me. I received neither ticket nor warning nor explanation of why I had been stopped. He asked me how fast I was going. I answered at the limit.