View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 07:20 PM   #46 (permalink)
RoadTripRob
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
Your saftey numbers are way off. I also doubt the vette is that reliable and it's a PITA to work on when it does break. So now it looks like you are pushing a result. Just buy what you want, you don't have to convince yourself or anyone else. Even putting looks on the chart and weighting one car so high above the others shows emotion is more important than functionality. You also need to convert the cost to a score as well as the MPG.
Again, just by the Vette at least resale might be better as you are getting a better deal at that price then the others on that list.

Ps Comfort might be a consideration. Maybe you don't mean "road trip" like I do but being able to sit in the thing for at least 4 hours without a stop is a must. Now string 4, 4 hour sings back to back. A higher seat is more comfortable according to most drivers 65 or 70 series tires are much more comfortable than 40's.
corvette is a lot more reliable than a volt. corvette also has cheap parts that are easier to work on than a fit for example. if you actually provide proof then i will change the table, im not skewing results, im looking at car forums and noting what they say. Also i dont have the time for anymore users to arbitrarily disagree with me because of preconceived ideas, so if someone thinks im wrong; if you can even moderately prove it without using faulty logic i will look into it and make changes as needed. safety isnt just crash ratings. i have done 16 hour road trips before and more 12 hour road trips than i can count. mostly in an mx5 with a loud exhaust and no sound insulation. i did 6 hours once on the highway(100-110kph) with the top down. I have done a lot of over night 12 hour road trips before 1100km. I thought about comfort but better seats + sound insulation can dramatically change any car so its a minor consideration that can be changed relatively easily.