View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 10:51 PM   #62 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldinCR View Post
I believe what I posted about the SR motor is pure SR. The BAS is partly induction and partly SR.
That is my impression as well

Quote:
Last I checked, a completed board was $350.00 or so. A picKit was over $100.00 and I know nothing about the programmer stuff.
The board at $350 includes the pre-programmed PIC and Attiny, as well as the other controller/low voltage parts you need. The high power stuff - the IGBTs, ring cap, heat sinks, bus bars, terminals ... you would need to purchase and assemble.

The PICKIT and AVRisp (programming stuff) .. and the C compiler and a windows PC or laptop .. is only required if you want to assemble and solder the board yourself.

Be warned - soldering the ring cap onto buss bars and copper sheet is not easy. It takes a big soldering iron, or a torch, something with a lot of heat.

I guess it depends on how many you want to make. Paul is pretty flexible. You could ask if he would supply the pre-programmed chips, and the surface mount parts. You could get all of the rest from the OEM controllers. Solder it together.

Quote:
My voltage right in the beginning will be 120 full charge.
That would be good enough for low speed. I'd get it running without the boost to start with.

Quote:
Guess I have to sit back and figure out my next move. If I could get the motor up to speed, I could mount it to my sawmill and saw lumber for sale. At least I have the trees paid for.
The saw mill likely does not have an encoder. It only needs to have a few pulses per revolution.

If you can get it running in field oriented (vector) then you can let it come up to max speed before sawing lumber. The rotating blade stores some energy. It may work OK without the boost converter.
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
HaroldinCR (03-31-2017)