View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 11:40 AM   #64 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldinCR View Post
Would you have time to go to another website and read a 10 page thread that a guy modded a Honda IMA Controller to run at lower voltage. This was my plan to copy, but, then, I came back to Paul's thread and now i'm getting lost.

Maybe you could pick up some ideas to explain to me what the guy is doing. I already have the Honda Controller in Florida.

DIY Electric Car Forums Site Home The thread is Honda IMA under the controllers section. He made up another board to do what he needed and got it to fit inside the original Honda case. It is smaller than Paul's controller case and doesn't use that big ring cap.
Sure I will look at the thread. That's something I can do from my couch instead of getting up and actually DOING something!

The retrofit controllers I will be doing ... hmm .. maybe that's confusing. I am taking the brainboard out of existing industrial variable frequency drives and replacing it with Paul's controller board. So the caps, buss bars, IGBTs, heat sinks ... that's all from the existing VFDs. The control and interface is from Paul's board. Plus a DC/Dc converter to power up Paul's board. And Paul's board drives the IGBTs, interfaces to the hall effect current sensors, and monitors the buss voltage (if I get that part worked out).

Now that's out of the way - I will read the thread about fitting a new board into the Honda tonight. I suspect that he made his own design. Just a different way of skinning the cat instead of using Paul's board, and he is interfacing the Honda power electronics to his new board, like I plan to on my retrofit controllers, but I will see!
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
HaroldinCR (03-31-2017)