View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 05:57 PM   #66 (permalink)
HaroldinCR
EcoModding Apprentice

I'm pretty sure what you said is all correct. Tomdb designed a basic control board. I'm sure his response to me (hmincr) about not knowing electronics and testing would probably be his reason to not sell me a board. He does show the board, but, nothing about components. I haven't approached him about it.

I'm thinking the Honda Civic is a lower voltage system. If there was a way to add the buck/boost daughter board to Paul's board, and then use the Honda power parts, or some higher powered stuff from another controller I have, I might be able to work out the controller, with lots of help from time to time.

I would be game to try the SMD soldering, simply because I can't afford to buy a completed board from Paul. I'm already into this mess for $4000.00, on CC, until I sell some stuff to make big payments.

Thingstodo, anything you can come up with, information wise, would be VERY greatly appreciated.

Edit: The other controller I have handles 310v @26Ahr battery input. Haven't found the amp rating for mosfets or IGBTs, whichever they are. It is from a plug in hybrid which is rated at roughly 40 miles range on battery only. Will hopefully know more on 19 days.

Last edited by HaroldinCR; 04-01-2017 at 06:10 PM..