View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 01:57 AM   #143 (permalink)
dancam
EcoModding Lurker

Hi, this kinda goes back to the trailer shape this thread was about, but reading this thread got me excited again
So, one guy here mentioned a box over a box a few times, thats what im building. A pop-up. Except its more of a heave-up, not sure i can actually lift the top on my own. Spent 3 months on it last summer, spending 7 months on the tow vehicle and i need to be done it by the end of april. Then im back on the trailer. These photos show where i got. Im flipping the axle on the trailer so the roofline is the same as the tv. It unfortunatly ended up being 3 inches wider than the tv due to a design change miscalculation.
I need fenders for the tires. I need to move the axle ahead for better weight balance, need to build something on the front for aerodynamics. The rear was the best i could come up with at the time.
Ive been thinking for months of a good way to connect the tv to the trailer so there would be no gap but havent come up with one.
The car in the photos is not the tv but similar.
Trailer cube is 10ft long, 2 foot overhang at rear making it 12ft. Width is 5ft 3in iirc. I would have to look back in my notes at sidewall hight but closed hight off ground is 4ft9in an open hight is 7ft 10in.
Anyway, suggestions for making this more aerodynamic from where i already am would be appreciated!
Oh, this will see a 3 month 20k mile road trip in 2018.
The Following User Says Thank You to dancam For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-08-2017)