View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Michael Moore
EcoModding Apprentice

Honda CTX project

I've recently been making a lot of progress with eliminating stored "stuff" and selling bikes/parts, so a couple days ago I put the money gained in that process into a new(er) bike: a very clean one owner 2014 Honda CTX700D (faired, DCT, ABS). It has 10,000 commuting miles, a tall screen, a big top box and a Corbin seat.

Honda CTX700

Is the start on a page about the project, I'll let you go there and read some of my plans. I'll make updates there as things happen, and I'll mention it here when the updates are made.

I haven't gotten the first photos linked off the page yet but they can be browsed here:

Index of /graphics/FF/Honda CTX700

I'm not going hypermiling, but the things I want to do (more FF position, better aeros) should help the fuel economy on what is already a pretty miserly motorcycle. I've read all of the Vetter site info and I'm not sure I want to go the full streamliner route, but on the other hand it might be fun, and this bike will never carry a passenger while I own it.

A big goal is to keep it rideable while I make modifications. I think I've had enough projects so far in my life that came into my hands in baskets and largely stayed that way, so buying something that will let me get out and ride seemed like it might be a better plan.

cheers,
Michael

gil (04-04-2017), jkv357 (04-04-2017)