View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 08:18 AM   #50 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
So maybe I got a little carried away stripping the interior….

Interior is bare sheet metal at this point, other than the brake pedal (which I have marked and cut down from the automatic transmission size to the manual transmission size). I have been looking at interior insulation products for the inside of the firewall, already have something for the outside. I have been focusing on some Ensolite or similar products, basically PVC-NBR foam which is available peel and stick with acrylic adhesive. Common temperature ratings seem to be 200-220 degrees F, which should be sufficient for interior application when there is an exterior firewall mat present. The more insulation I can stuff into this thing, the less I will have to run the AC in the summer.

In powertrain news, last weekend I tore into my parts truck, 1991 Chevy K2500LD, removed the NV4500 and all associated parts I had swapped into it. GM was kind enough to pre-punch the hole I need for the manual throttle cable in the suburban, so I can use the parts truck throttle pedal and just ordered the (hopefully) correct throttle cable to reach the DB2 pump. I haven’t found any luck finding the appropriate cruise control cable, either will need to junkyard it, relocate the cruise box, or modify another cable to work. I have the GM parts numbers, but all are discontinued and don’t cross reference anywhere.

Anyway some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A2.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	21473   Click image for larger version

Name:	A3.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	21474   Click image for larger version

Name:	A4.jpg