View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 09:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Oddly enough, I hate it when some idiot asks about fuel saving mods and refuses to understand that the mods don't save gas, the driver does: You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Picking up one of Prince's guitars won't make you a better player, but practicing will even if it's on a silly looking guitar.

As to the Prius' looks, form follows ****ing function. You want to drive nails but hate the way hammers look? Then get used to doing it badly. You're basically asking for constructive advice on modifying a sawzall (that you haven't bought yet) to drive nails, and you're acting indignant when you get advice to simply buy a hammer. Because hammers look dorky.

Saying get over yourself isn't preaching. The air you're trying to push your car through doesn't care about your tastes. I actually do- just a couple weeks ago a new user was looking at an 07 Fit, an 09 Yaris and an 05 Corvette, and I was in favor of the Vette. That user was in touch with his wants and needs. But if it looks like you're lying to yourself and get abrupt, callous answers, don't call it preaching. It's important to be honest with yourself and let wants and needs affect each other. Call that preaching if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schunter1969 View Post
MY QUESTION:
"Is there a similar build as the Centurion that would allow me to get those kind of MPG? Kit?
Nope. If you're not interested in driving efficiently, you won't get those numbers in an Elio running on unicorn farts. See? Abrupt and not preachy. Tellin' it like it is, as they say these days.

On another note, the air you're pushing your car through doesn't care if it's moving around cardboard and duct tape or lovingly hand planished steel. Numbers at the pump aren't a participation award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

The Following User Says Thank You to Fat Charlie For This Useful Post:
Gasoline Fumes (04-12-2017)