View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 06:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
pete c
Master EcoModder

70ish.

I did see in a review that a downside to the G2 is that it felt rather unsettled at high speed.

While this could be looked at as a bad thing, my wallet thinks otherwise.

The trouble with todays cars is that they are too damn good at making 85 mph feel like 50 mph. I find that with such cars, CC is absolutely mandatory, because if you don't use it and look down the road (as you should) rather than at the speedo, you will soon find yourself doing 0 mph parked on the shoulder of the highway handing your license/reg/insurance to a nice man with a big hat. I recently had a maxima as a rental. I turned the damn thing in, partly because hatchbacks suit me better to carry stuff and partly because it was way too easy to find yourself doing 93 mph when you thought you were doing 73.

I realize that if I set the cruise at 72, my typical cruise speed, I won't get such numbers, but if it is capable of 55mpg at 60, it ought to get 45 at 70. I was actually leaning towards a gen 1 as I prefer to row my own gears, but they are getting elderly and dead battery packs do appear to be a concern. Also, I've grown rather fond of factory blue tooth while driving new rentals over the last year or two. There is a nearby 2013 EX with low miles and a low price.

The one thing that concerns me is it does have a rebuilt title. Of course, seeing as the kbb has plummeted on these, it could have been a rather minor accident that lead to the rebuilt title. A carfax should answer that question.