View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
jviolet10
EcoModding Lurker

Eckie - '00 Toyota Echo
90 day: 41.94 mpg (US)

95 Dakota - 3.9 v6 automatic - '95 Dodge Dakota SLT extended cab
90 day: 21.07 mpg (US)
Hey everyone,

A quick thank you to FreeBeard, AeroHead, and NeilBlanchard for your input.

Aerohead, regarding the ring-vortex you brought up. Would this be a worthwhile option for an additional accessory "box" with the shape mentioned that could mount to the tailgate? I could fold the tailgate down and attach the box that during long trip. Yet be able to store in the bed when in town (because I'm certain juveniles won't be able to resist tampering with it). Did you ever have problems with people messing with your builds?

Anyways, a quick update on my progress. I finally finished out my senior design project and get to move forward with my life lol. Attached below are two pics of a little progress I made last night on the cab. The hardware cloth seems like it will mold perfectly to my desired shape. There was a minor design change too, I needed more height at the tail to make it practical for my fatbike to go in and out of with the top on.

I'm still debating how to finish out the top lid.. I can't decide if I want to make my own tonno cover to roll down it or an actual hard lid.

The fiberglass and resin arrived and my application plans are to apply 2 layers, use a little bondo as needed to fill the divots, then finish it with 2 or 3 final layers.

Again, thanks for reading and any and all input is appreciated!

Last edited by jviolet10; 04-21-2017 at 10:03 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jviolet10 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-22-2017), ajohn7211 (06-18-2017), BamZipPow (04-20-2017)