View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 02:49 PM   #242 (permalink)
Fingie
Volvo-driving MachYeen

Neo Volvo - '98 Volvo S70 10V
90 day: 24.98 mpg (US)
Got 2 sets of rims, with one having usable tires for summer, the rims i had were rustbroken.

Holy damn i was scared crapless, when i used a steel brush drill to clean the old rims.

No effin wonder the last set of tires didn't hold air, the weld seam itself had given up in some spots!!!!!! O.o

So i now have a set of some old winter Continentals with decent rims, that i'll remove the remaining dubs on.

Maybe these'll hold at least over the summer 'til i get tax returns. Haha.

At least they look better than the grayed-out rethreads i used previous summer. No cracks.

They say old winter tires are crap in rain, i didn't notice that so much with the last set of tires. I don't drive a lot of higways anyay, and i drive sensibly in rain.

oh, and got a deck cover on the deal, looks better when your trunk contents are hidden.

(all lada rims (except Niva) are with a bolt pattern of 4x98 and the center is a bit weird in size, so they are a pain and a bit hard to get here (most common is 4x100, there are practically no other cars than fiat, old skodas or Lada that uses 4x98 pattern rims here. So i just HAD to get my hands on a spare set of rims, just in case.)

With Volvo to Valhalla and back!

Last edited by Fingie; 04-21-2017 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: Kumia alle vaan