View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 11:53 PM   #75 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man
...last I heard, a "fast" VW was called a Porsche.
why do you put fast in quotes?

Are you saying Porsches aren't "really" fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstix
I'm looking at a daily driver over a weekend cruiser. EFI, disc brakes, overdrive all make an old car daily drive-able. (stupid spell check!) I have a couple 1960's cars for weekend cruisers.
Do you appreciate the differences between the short nose (skinny chrome handles and ivory buttons) and long nose (ventilation air box and four-way flashers)? Keeping the OG EFI running is not trivial. But the five-speed in my '64 notchback was sweet (it had 1776 and dual 40mm Webers):

I showed up at the Portland meet one summer with that two-tone cut-line and the next year California was full of notchbacks, but with the top white instead of black—which makes it look bigger instead of smaller, which was my intent.

It's in my personal top three, with the '54 23-window barndoor bus and my current weekly driver, the Shantung Gold Super. Number four is prolly one Zenith Blue '67 sunroof.

Edit: ...or that oval window with the Raders. I had that for nine years. Here's a picture of it at the height of it's 36hp powers.

Last edited by freebeard; 04-22-2017 at 12:07 AM..