View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #191 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
Changed the oil/filter for the first time since ownership. I went with 0w30 instead of 0w20 because its what I bought, lol. Whoops. I doubt the penalty for this will be much, if anything noticeable (not even sure what was in it before). Also, went with a NAPA Gold filter... noticed it was a good 3/4 inch shorter than the Honda filter that was on it! Odd... but it went on and the car seems fine.

On my Neon, I was able to get 5,000 miles with ease per filter change and 10K on the oil. Wondering if I should do the same here... really curious on one of those oil checking devices.

Also, first time getting the under engine pan off. Looks like, as one of you predicted, I'm seeing some rubbing and wearing in a few small spots. Figure I'd let it make its way through and I'll take care of it at that time.

Finally, I was looking at the radiator position and realized that my symmetrical openings for airflow is really not doing me much. I need to block the passenger side completely and keep the drivers side more-open instead. Will adjust soon.