View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 06:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
jcp123
Just cruisin’ along

Beater Echo - '00 Toyota Echo
90 day: 42.67 mpg (US)

Hondizzle - '97 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.55 mpg (US)

Shaggin Waggin - '14 Chrysler Town + Country
90 day: 22.56 mpg (US)
Thanks! Yup that overall cleanliness is what clinched the deal for me. The PO obviously took some care with this car.

Plans? Not really sure yet. It's going to stay basically stock. For now I want to take stock of the maintenance items it will need, and go from there, maybe freshen up some of the minor cosmetic issues, maybe de-badge, install some 98-00 tail lights and get an IP with tach. I'm waffling back and forth on the wheel issue: the steelies look sharp with fresh chrome lugs and a Honda H center cap, but I'm charmed by the fact that it has its original wheel covers. Might be worth freshening those up, they look fairly good for aero. At some point I'll teach myself P+G though truth be told, about 90% of my miles are on the freeway so I wouldn't hold my breath for stupendous numbers. I'll also be teaching wifey stick once her broken foot heals

First order of business will probably be to fix the shifter. Bushings and centering springs are in order. I'd also like to bring the shifter both back and up about an inch each and put on a ball-type shift knob since that's always been my preferred hand feel.

'97 Honda Civic DX Coupe 5MT - dead 2/23
'00 Echo - dead 2/17
'14 Chrysler Town + Country - My DD, for now
'67 Mustang Convertible - gone 1/17

Last edited by jcp123; 04-25-2017 at 09:23 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to jcp123 For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (04-26-2017)