View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 07:08 AM   #62 (permalink)
teoman
Master EcoModder

A3 - '12 Audi A3
I have a dht11 temp and humidity sensor that i can use. But i want to have the controller inside the car, so not sure i should do that.

Besides i should first think about monitoring the actual steam temperature. It should not exceed 450 deg C in lpg and 250 degC in gasoline (auto ignition temperatures) just in case.

Rorence:

Just to sum up, i have absolutely no idea what i am doing. I obviously want to get my fuel consumption down.

I researched a bit and i found that the sweet spot for intake air temperature is 85 deg C (the tests i found are for a HHCI engine). I wanted to do water injection anyway so i thought why not combine the two and do steam injection.

My initial objective with the steam is to get the air to 85 deg C. That is all. After i have it in place and connected to the obd2 i can alter the injection parameters and all kinds of stuff, but initially the algorithm will be monitor intake air amount (in grams / minute ) intake air temperature (in deg C) and inject steam to bring the air temp up to 85 deg C.

If all goes as calculated, i will have air at 85 deg C and the finest droplets of water entering the engine.

(I am also actively pondering if this is the best methodology).

With what i read about water injection it should be %20 of fuel injected. My calculations equate to roughly the same mass of steam injection.