View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 11:18 AM   #46 (permalink)
Stubby79
Master EcoModder

Firefly EV - '98 Pontiac Firefly EV
90 day: 107.65 mpg (US)

Little Boy Blue - '05 Toyota Echo
90 day: 33.35 mpg (US)

BlueZ - '19 Nissan 370Z Sport
90 day: 17.19 mpg (US)
Nothing new for the Miata this week.

Weather turned wet for a few days there, which I didn't appreciate driving my nice clean car in. Clued in to the idea of using the Miata on good days, and the Jetta on wet ones. Seemed like a good idea. Plus the Jetta is a lot easier to drive - particularly in the bumper to bumper traffic - then the somewhat unruly Miata with its racing clutch.

Of course, I was reminded of a few things that needed attention in it, the first time I drove it again. Like the stereo wasn't working...it's best feature!

Oh well. Just pulled the fuses for the stereo to reset it, and it came back to life. Nice and easy. I have great sounding tunes again.

I attempted(?) to fix the broken hinges on the glove box this morning. We'll find out if the epoxy is up to the task or not tomorrow.

Since that was a "hurry up and wait" job, she finally get the rest of her interior LED upgrade bulbs put in. 4 dome lights (3, but I put 2 identical panel bulbs in place of the single/main dome bulb). Two rear seat lights. And two in the front doors. Lots of bright/clean white light now. Especially that dome light. POOF!

Ok, I still have to do the glove box bulb. Kinda hard to get at right now.

Watch those little LED festoon bulbs that come with an aluminum heatsink on the back. Much too easy to blow a fuse when said heatsink manages to touch both brass terminals.

I like the clean white light(and plenty of it) of these LED bulbs. I highly recommend it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Stubby79 For This Useful Post:
ECO-AKJ (04-27-2017)