View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 11:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
puddleglum
Master EcoModder

Rondo - '07 Kia Rondo EX
Last 3: 20.47 mpg (US)

Tinkertoy2 - '00 Toyota Echo base
Team Toyota
Last 3: 46.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
Forgive me being a bid radical, but isn't a puny four mile commute a bit of a waste of fuel? why not just cycle it? I got an 8 mile commute and cycle it in about 27 minute, only 7 or so minutes than I can manage it in the car.
I missed this comment, didn't see it till now. Since it was about my commute I'll still respond. If I lived in a warm climate with less drastic swings between daylight and dark I probably would bike year round. I know guys that do it here, but my old body just won't take it anymore. Not to mention, to ride a bike in the dark on slippery streets in heavy traffic you have to have a death wish. I rode my bike most of last summer. I loved it and really hope to be back on it soon, maybe this week. I don't know if this guy would be so happy to be out riding if it was in the dark with 30-50 kph wind and wind chills in the -30's C. It's still been freezing nearly every night here.

Anyway, enough of that. I think my skills are improving. Set a new personal best for myself this tank so I'm happy. I think this car really is at its best in city driving. Thanks again guys for the advice, it's helped a lot.

Almost all my driving is done 1-5 miles at a time.
Best short trip: 2.4 l/100 km, 3.9 km