View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 07:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Merlyn2220
Deep Lurker

Creepy Van - '95 Ford E150 Cargo
90 day: 14.45 mpg (US)
I tried to use the A/C about the same amount, and this tank was 13.92. The last one with the A/C fixed I used it for about 2/3 of the tank and got 13.79. So I'm fairly comfortable with it being around 13.85mpg, give or take a bit. I'm going to do the next tank without A/C and see where it stands.

BamZipPow thanks for the detailed explanation on your different versions! I've used Coroplast in several spots, but generally don't like it much. HDR (Home Depot Racing) has it for about $15 a sheet, but I'd prefer using FRP and foam board for it's high strength/stiffness and ease of gluing. I can't really use luan or cardboard because it rains here almost every single day from April->October. So even my prototypes have to be waterproof, and I tend to use aluminum and stainless if at all possible. I don't have to worry about salt on the roads here in FL, but rust and water ingress is still a big problem.

BTW - if you haven't tried them yet, you should look into rivnuts for some of your bolted assemblies. You can get the ABN rivnut tool for about $20, and then install real 1/4-20 nuts for less than $0.50 each in stainless or $0.20ea in zinc plated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merlyn2220 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (05-06-2017), BamZipPow (05-06-2017)