View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 08:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
ecocruze
CruzeMTgrind

BlueBawls - '14 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
90 day: 48.47 mpg (US)

Eddie - '02 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by me and my metro View Post
I would be tempted to add a resistor to the temp circuit to trick the computer. This is the chart out of a 2002 4t40 manual. I would think 400 ohms would do the trick. I did this to the iat and coolant temp sensors a few years ago while playing with a Geo Metro. I could start the car like normal and within 1 mile from cold start I could flip the switch and the car would tolerate warm fuel trims. Put it on a spdt switch so you could make it lock up when you wanted. You will loose the overtemp ability if you lock the temp with a resistor. Verify that this chart is accurate for your car, as always use at your own risk.
What over temp ability do you mean? I have the 5r55W I believe it is. According to torque od kicks in at 110° normal startup it's around 40-50° this time of year. Wouldn't resistor only need to swing the reading up that 60° and operate normally? Not sure how all this works I need dummy terms and things broke down Barney style. Very capable of turning a wrench but like understanding exactly what I'm doing when doing things. Wires are a nemesis of mine lol