View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 10:39 AM   #47 (permalink)
Stubby79
Master EcoModder

Firefly EV - '98 Pontiac Firefly EV
90 day: 107.65 mpg (US)

Little Boy Blue - '05 Toyota Echo
90 day: 33.35 mpg (US)

BlueZ - '19 Nissan 370Z Sport
90 day: 17.19 mpg (US)
Nothing much to report on the efficiency end of things, other than hoping/lined up to hit 400km this tank.

Ordered the spark plugs at last. Should arrive any day now...oh, they just cleared customs an hour ago. Guess that means another day or two. Anyway, i held off, cuz I wanted to order other things, and those other things would have come from other warehouses and would have doubled the cost of shipping. After putting it off a week, I checked again, and this time I could get them all from the same warehouse. Shipping was dirt cheap, considering. You couldn't mail them within Canada for that price.

I bought a "new" drivers seat yesterday. I needed the seat tracks. He didn't want much more for the whole thing than for just the tracks, so I took the whole thing, since i knew my original was rather badly worn. This one was in as good of shape as possible for something 27 years old. Not even sun faded, as mine are.

I pulled the cheap racing seat out and dropped it in. Checked for head clearance. I had to turn my head sideways to fit in. Oh, that's right, it was with the soft top on that I could fit properly, not the hard top.

Make note of that, potential Miata owners. If you're anything over 6 foot, and you want/get a hard top, you're going to have to do some modifying to fit. Maybe fiberglass a hump in the roof, like there is in the hood?

Son of a bee-atch. Now I remember why I bolted the aftermarket seat straight to the floor. Well, I'm not going to do anything to this nice, pristine seat...so I grabbed my old driver's seat, hacked out all but a thin layer of the seat foam, and bolted the seat rails to it. I can fit now. Just. The real test will be going over bumps...if I hit my head again, it's gotta go.

Why bother? Well, because I want to take it in to get a new windshield...and if they don't have someone my height, they'll never be able to reach the pedals to drive it in to the shop. Might want an alignment too.

Methinks I'll end up with the aftermarket seat in again. This time I'll put the other one in too, so that they match. And I won't do such a half-ass job of putting it in, either. Heck, those rails are so low that maybe I will put the seat on those and see if I can make it work. I was too impatient the first time.