View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 09:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
stovie
EcoModding Apprentice

the green machine :P - '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
90 day: 20.92 mpg (US)

Thee s10 - '00 Chevy S10
90 day: 24.27 mpg (US)

Freedom - '05 Kawasaki Ninja 250EX
90 day: 75.55 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleglum View Post
I don't want to be a killjoy but it sounds like you are trying to make a simple mod really complicated. You said before, you couldn't use a bigger vacuum bottle because of lack of space, but now you are going to build a hydraulic accumulator with an oxygen tank and plumb it in? Even if you ignore the liability of changing the design of the actual braking system, you are going to use just as much space and spend way more money than adding a bigger vacuum reservoir. Why not just fit two or three smaller vacuum bottles and tie them all together in parallel. (I know you said you don't have room for one big bottle.) It's only one tee and a extra check valve going in to the brake system that way. This is, after all, a safety mod not a fuel saving mod, at least not directly.
You seem to of misunderstood what I was saying and combined two different systems too!

First, I'm using disposable propane bottles because I have them, and got the fitting mostly because I wanted to refill them and using it as a vacuum reservoir was a good second reason to get it imho.

Second, the hydraulic reget system would be connected to the driveline on my s10 so that when the brake light comes on it activates while keeping my original braking.

Third, I also said I won't have room underneath the truck because I have some things I'm testing out that will require most of not all of the space underneath my truck! Hydraulic regen braking, self pressurized water injection tank, self pressurized fuel tank, etc

Fourth, I plan on switching my brakes to manual here in a few months as it would cost me over $300 to do, so I don't want to do it tell I need to replace something on the system so it will take a couple months to do it. Because I still have about half to 3/4 of my current brake pads, and I also only use my plasma money for truck mods 😋