View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 09:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
gregsfc
EcoModding Apprentice

Oh wow! I didn't know there were other challenges, but I don't like the 60 mph top speed idea for an FE challenge, even though along my personal commute; I only rarely exceed 62; only when I need to pass which is rare. But I have taken a few trips via interstate and I don't dare ride under 65 (sometimes faster depending on the situation), so it's not very realistic even for a slow poke like myself.

Actually, I ride in urban settings as fast as everyone else, but in order to save on fuel and make riding and driving less stressful and to save on everything from tires to paint, I like to stay at 65 or below when I can depending on the speed limit and the amount of traffic around me in rural stretches out on highways and interstates; but I don't do this slow-poke method if I'm in a hwy situation where there is alot of congestion, where I'd be holding up traffic where almost everyone is running 80; like in crazy a** metropolitan areas like Nashville and Knoxville where everyone acts as if it's a race. I live in a micropolitan area. It's a little different world when the hub city is less than 50K. In the actual city, there is still quite a bit of traffic, but once out on the highways, it's not nearly the same. Eighty mph in more rural areas on the interstates and highways around where I live, and I'd have so many tickets that they'd revoke my license in only a few months. We don't have traffic enforcement out numbered to the same degree.