View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #57 (permalink)
TexasElectric
EcoModding Lurker

sendler

How is it that your Honda CBR250R gets 110.31 mpg, but your other 250-300cc bikes get only half?

Honda CBR250R - 110.31 mpg
Ninja 250R SE Green - 65.9 mpg
2015 Yamaha R3 - 79.52 mpg

Are you getting 110.31mpg average at highway speeds (60-70mph)?

That's really cool that you are able to get 31,000 miles out of your front tire. I know that motorcycle tires can be (less expensive) than I was hinting at earlier, (depends on the size/type of tire). Plus I understand that "super sports bikes" have more torque/power and have the capability of chewing through tires faster.

My first bike was the 2002 Kawasaki ZX-6R. That was my very first motorized two wheeled machine. I guess I was what people call a "squid", 18 years old, new to motorcycles, and riding a high powered bike. I had a few scares/interesting moments on the bike. On two or three occasions when i hadn't anticipated the amount of acceleration the bike would give me from a stop, the bike would almost throw me off the back (i'm trying to hang on to the throttle to keep myself upright, but the bike is rocketing forward and throwing me off the back), thankfully i'd accelerate to no faster than 20-30mph by the time i'd have the bike under control again.

When I upgraded to the 2000 Yamaha R1 (one year after buying the ZX-6R), it felt like riding my 600cc (weight wise) but with a TON more power. The R1 would do wheelies just from a hard acceleration, no need to play with the clutch. (I didn't do wheelies intentionally, I don't know how), but I had a few instances where I'd open up the bike down a straight away and during acceleration (by accident) I'd jerk the handle bars 15-20 degrees. Only afterwards I'd realize that the front wheel had to be off the ground.

image hosting com

upload full resolution photos

It's kind of funny, I bought both bikes for $3,500 (each) and both had less than 3,000 miles on them. At the time they were 3, and 5 year old bikes. You'd be VERY hard pressed to find those prices and mileage today. Maybe I just got lucky?

I miss the bikes... But as I have gotten older (currently 31 years old), I realize saving/investing/planning for early retirement is more important to me.